Dear Valued Clients,
During these troubling times we want to assure our clients that we will be keeping our practice open to provide the best care possible for your pets. We are however, taking extra precautions to insure the health and safety of our clients and staff.
We wanted to update you on the precautions we are taking to date in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- As of today, we have not made any decisions to close the Hospital, Holistic Center or Feed Store.
- Our Pet Resort is currently closed and we are not offering Grooming services at this time.
- We currently do not have any notices of shortage of over the counter or prescription diets, supplies or medications. If at any point in time there is a concern of a shortage we will communicate that message via Facebook and to any clients directly affected. If you have concerns regarding medication refills you can call us at 860-824-5223.
- If you are picking up medications or food, we ask that you call us prior to pick-up or upon arrival to pay over the phone. We can also ship medications to you direct from Sand Road or you can order through one of our online pharmacy links below:
Home delivery from Sand Road to your door is available to most areas, please inquire when you call.
- We are offering the option for clients to wait in the car or walk the grounds versus coming into the building with your pet for their appointment. Upon arrival please call us at 860-824-5223 to check-in for your appointment; a member of the Client Service Team will verify your vehicle, collect your form of payment and check you in. You will then speak with a Technician before your pet is brought in for an exam. Once the veterinarian has completed the exam they will call you to discuss a treatment plan. Our Client Service Team will assist you with payment processing at the end of your appointment.
- If you have a fever, feel ill or have any symptoms we ask you to please stay home. Our Client Service Team will be screening clients multiple times prior to and the day of your appointment. If you have traveled recently or have been exposed to others that may be ill, we ask that you please reschedule your routine/annual appointments 14 days out or after your fever breaks/symptoms subside.
- If your pet is sick and you have concerns about bringing them into the hospital, we are offering Telemedicine. You can download the AirVet App through the "store" on your phone and request a callback from your veterinarian. You can and speak to a member of Client Services and they can send you a link directly to AirVet or you can visit our website at www.sandroadanimals.com for a link.
- We have advised our staff to stay home if they feel ill, have a fever, are displaying symptoms or have been exposed to anyone that may be ill.
- We have increased the frequency of our sanitation protocol across the Sand Road Campus to meet the recommendations stated by the CDC to help fight against COVID-19 and other Health Threats.
As the COVID-19 pandemic is ever changing, these standards may change over the next few months. We will communicate any significant changes to you as soon as possible. We are appreciative of your patients during this time and wish you all the best of health.
Your Family at Sand Road Animal Hospital